We’ve seen April 12th roll by, then May 17th came around quicker than we could say ‘dining indoors, and now June is on our doorsteps and we’re awaiting the news from good ol’ Boris come the 21st.
But we’ve noticed a lot of chatter around staying home for the summer holidays (again), or whether individuals will brave the current climate and hop on a plane to somewhere sunnier… Are you in two minds? Same here!
As your local shopping centre, we’re here to inspire readers with whatever decision they make. We’ll be going through activities you can enjoy during June and beyond if you’re not jetting off – plus, ideas on what to prepare if you are planning on having some fun in the sun.
Staying in the UK?
If you’ve opted to stay in the country this summer, there’s still plenty for you and your kiddies to enjoy! All the activities highlighted in the link here are ones hosted in our beloved Waltham Cross.
The link above offers a super simple guide to what’s on for children and families over the next few months. From water rafting to wildlife animal visits and local museums, you’ll be spoilt for choice, and we know the kids will LOVE spending time with their parents and besties alike.
We particularly like the idea of a day of petting (and watching) our favourite animals at Paradise Wildlife Park, finished with a ‘relaxing’ evening at the Enfield Jump In Trampoline Park. Be sure to scroll through the entire list, there’s so much on offer! #TimeToHaveFun
If we’ve tempted you to stay in the UK for your summer hols, click the link to find out more and book your trips out today! Don’t forget to grab cosy clothes and even comfier shoes to complete these activities from Peacocks and ShoeZone. Remember, it’s best to be prepared!
And not just this, we think it’s a fabulous idea to pop to Argos and The Works to grab fun activities that you can set up to do at home. From water slides to swings and even inflatable bouncy castles, the kids will feel like they’re on holiday either way – as long as the UK weather holds up!
Treats at the Centre!
Look, everyone LOVES going on holiday, but the pandemic has put a couple of bumps in the road to say the least!).
So, if you want to save a few pennies, or don’t feel 100% to travel abroad yet, then there’s still LOADS of fun things to do when you next visit the centre. Here are just a few:
- Enjoy with friends, or family to an evening at the flicks. Be sure to choose a good movie to watch and grab those essential snacks from Sainsbury’s and Holland and Barrett! (We adore the dark chocolate coated cranberries *licks lips*).
- Enjoy takeaway treats from one of our many cafes. Whether ice-creams to go from Bistro Café Plaza to indulgent brownies from Costa Coffee or sweetie bags from One Below. A sugary pit-stop, once you’ve finished shopping at the centre, is just what’s needed for a fun evening ahead.
- For the kiddies, we’ve got activities and toys galore. The Works has plenty of offers on at the mo, so you’ll be able to find something to take home for them to enjoy!
‘Seas the Day’
If you and your loved ones are going to ‘seize the day’ by swanning off on your holi-bobs, then we’re here to inspire you with all the essentials you’ll need to pack.
Suitcase essentials MUST include:
– The right clothing, from undies to tank tops! We’d recommend popping to Sainsbury’s, New Look and Dilly Dally.
– The toiletries. Get your toothbrush, moisturisers, and makeup at the ready. Here are where you can grab the goods: Superdrug and Boots for us.
– SUN CREAM. Grab a bottle (or three) from Savers.
– Mini first aid kit, you know, just in case! We’d recommend getting stocked up on allergy medicines from Niti pharmacy too.
– And lastly, all your electronics, from chargers to protective cases. We think Top Gift is your best bet. 😊
Plus, if you need a suitcase, because that’s quite an important factor too, pop into Argos if you want something a little fancier. It’s time for you to tick everything off of your list! high five
Now we’ll await more information on the 21st June and whether or not more holidays abroad become a popular theme for 2021. Whatever you plan on doing this Summer, we hope we’ve helped inspire you! Remember to #ShopSafe when visiting the centre – we look forward to seeing you soon.